Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Conduct qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses or chemical experiments in laboratories for quality or process control or to develop new products or knowledge.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Comply with safety rules and regulations. Be fully aware of the safety hazards in the plant.
2. Familiarise with regulatory requirements pertaining to environamental compliance, chemical used in the plant, MSDS, related plant P&IDs, SOPs, Work instructions, as well as the emergency operation procedures and any other related documents
3. Maintain all the records related to plant chemistry.
4. Responsible for all laboratory activities including chemcial sampling and analsysis pertaining to the plant and ensure all the related parameters are within the limit.
5. Coordinate with Shift Charge Engineer/Supervisor during unit start-up,shutdown and normal running of the plant and maintain the chemistry under his control in round the clock shift.
6. Carry out the quality inspection of all the chemcals received in the plant
7. Make preparation and carry out the acid cleaning of Desalination plants and hypo plants under the supervision of Chief Chemist whenever required.
8. Responsible for houskeeping of the laboratory equipement and spillages.
9. Carry out trouble shooting in chemical dosing system and laboratory equipements and follow up day-to-day maintenance as per defect reports.
10. Maintain chemical consumption records and cordinate with store.
11. Monitor all chemical parameters and enter periodic readings on log sheets. Summarize all activities/events that took place during his shift in the log book.
12. Prepare monthly reports and other reports pertaining to area under his supervision.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Bachelor Degree in Chemistry.
Preferred Master Degree in Chemistry
Minimum 5 years in related filed.
1.Awareness of Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environment Management system principles
2.Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements
3.Hazard Risk Assessment
4.Aspect Impact Assessment
5.Knowledge of environmental and health impact of chemicals being used in the plant
6.Should be well conversed with Power/Desalination Operational activities
7.Good decision making skill
8.Good Analytical skill
Desired certification / Job specific skill / Training
ISO9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001 awareness/working knowledge is preferred.
Ready to work in remote location